These tender potatoes are done SO fast, because instead of adding a whole bunch of spices to make them delicious, you just dump on some onion soup mix and throw it in the oven. The dehydrated onions get all crunchy and glorious! Perfect side dish for Thanksgiving!
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes*
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 (1 ounce) package Lipton onion soup mix (dry)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the potatoes in half or quarters. Just make sure they are all about the same size.
- Add the potatoes to a medium bowl.
- Add the oil and soup mix and stir.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.**
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, turning the potatoes halfway through. Take them out when they are fork tender.
- Serve hot!
- *Or you could use fingerling potatoes, Yukon gold, or any potato with a tender skin.
- **Or use a bit of the oil from the bowl to grease the pan. You would think that with the oil coating the potatoes you wouldn't need to grease the pan, right?? I swear ever time I don't though, my potatoes stick. Maybe I'm crazy.