Delicious earthy mushrooms heavy with garlic and thyme. Roasted to golden perfection. These roasted mushrooms are a wonderful side dish. Perfect for serving with a steak or roast chicken. Or for just stirring through pasta.
- 5 cups mushrooms - any mushrooms work. I use the standard white mushrooms you can buy at the supermarket
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 stems fresh lemon thyme (or regular thyme)
- 1/2 stick butter
- cracked black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters (or smaller if you are using the large field mushrooms) and place them into a baking dish. (you want them to be fairly tightly packed)
- Finely chop the garlic and scatter it over the mushrooms.
- Pull the leaves from the thyme, add them to the mushrooms.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and add it to the mushrooms along with plenty of salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then carefully stir and roast for a further 10 minutes until the mushrooms are golden browned.
- Scatter with fresh parsley and serve immediately.