This cheeseburger was incredibly delicious! I take bacon and weave it into two pieces that are slightly larger than a burger and use them as the bun. Bake in the oven and wrap the outside of a cheeseburger in them! It’s so easy to do and actually holds together really well!
- 4 pound ground beef
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
- 8 to 10 bacon strips
- 3 to 4 slices American cheese (or cheddar or Velveeta)
- French fries (preferably a large order of fast food ones)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Toppings: mayo, ketchup, lettuce, and tomato
- Season beef with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Shape the ground beef into a patty, stuffing a 1/8 to 1/4 cup of shredded cheese inside the center.
- Lay 4 pieces of bacon on your working surface in one direction. Then lay the other 4 the other way (similar to an x and y-axis).
- To make the weave, interlace the bacon so that it resembles a basket; every other piece should cross over its neighbor.
- Once you've created the bacon weave, place a slice of cheese on top of it.
- Then, put the stuffed burger onto that cheese.
- Place another piece of cheese on top of the burger and wrap the bacon weave around the top.
- Cook bacon burger in a skillet over medium-high heat, until cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, coarsely break up the French fries and place in a bowl. Toss with the beaten eggs and the remainder of the shredded cheese.
- Cook the fries mixture in a waffle iron until crispy.
- To assemble, place burger on waffled french fry bun, add more cheese, mayo, ketchup, and other toppings, and finish with another waffle fry bun.
- Serve and enjoy!