This creamy cauliflower garlic rice is simple, healthy, and so surprisingly good! With garlic, butter, brown rice, and cauliflower.
- 6-8 cups chopped cauliflower
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (I used a brown rice blend)
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6-8 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese for topping (more to taste)
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and boil for about 10 minutes, until tender. Transfer cauliflower pieces to a blender or food processor.
- Puree the cauliflower, adding milk or extra vegetable broth to get a smooth, creamy consistency. Season with salt. Pour over the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic, sauteing over low heat until the garlic is very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the creamy rice mixture and stir until butter and garlic is incorporated. Add cheese on top or stir it throughout the rice to get it melted. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve & enjoy!