This chickpea flour wrap is a vegan/gluten-free/grain-free person’s best friend. I have been experimenting with going grain-free recently which my gut my has been lovin’.
- Oil, for pan frying.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- and whatever else you think will be yummy
- Pour a couple of tbsp of oil into a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick large frying pan over medium heat.
- Combine the chickpea flour, water and spices, if using, into a bowl and whisk very well.
- Add a few drops of oil into the pan and coat the pan.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup for smaller wraps and 1/2 measuring cup for larger wraps, spoon out the chickpea into the pan.
- Use a spoon to spread out the batter in a circular motion making sure to cover any holes in the batter. You want it as thin as a crepe.
- Wait a couple of minutes and then flip over. (Each side should start to turn brown with brown spots). Cook for another couple of minutes on that side and then serve.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.
- If I'm using a pan that isn't very "non-stick" sometimes I dip a spoon into the oil and spread the oil around the edges of the pancake so that it's easier to flip.