Buttermilk pie is an easy classic dessert made with simple pantry ingredients! The result is a deliciously comforting custard pie with a slightly caramelized topping. This pie will be one your family will request over and over!
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- LIne a 9″ pie plate with a single pie crust (store bought or homemade).
- Beat eggs until foamy. Beat in butter, flour and sugar until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust and bake for 45-55 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.