You can make this easy and delicious tortellini (or use ravioli) with a mushroom, crispy sage, and butter sauce in 15 minutes! Perfect for date night.
- 1 (25 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 7 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil water for the tortellini and cook it according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, prep the mushrooms and the sage.
- When the pasta is about 6-7 minutes from being ready, add 1 tbsp of the butter and the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the sage. Cook it for about a minute until it crisps up. Take it out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and another tablespoon of the butter to the pan. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mushrooms are nicely browned.
- Add the drained tortellini, remaining butter, parmesan cheese, and sage to the pan. Toss until everything's nicely coated. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- This recipe makes 3-4 servings. It is pretty rich, so I'd serve 4 but ensure there's other stuff to eat with it like a salad, or you could make 2 large portions.