There’s no need to load up wings with a high carb coating. These crispy garlic parmesan chicken wings are healthier and just as tasty.
- 12 pieces chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 1/4 cup pork rinds measured crushed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter melted (or olive oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken wing pieces in a medium bowl and coat with melted butter. (If chicken is cold, butter will tend to solidify. Alternatively, each piece can be dipped into melted butter, then pressed into coating.)
- On plate, mix crushed pork rinds, shredded parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Press each chicken wing piece into the parmesan cheese mixture until well coated. Place in a single layer on a rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until browned and meat is fully cooked.
- Olive oil is a great alternative for butter that won't harden up on cold chicken. However, it doesn't add the nice buttery flavor. Butter flavored coconut oil and ghee are other options that can be used to retain the flavor without dairy.
- If you don't like pork rinds, try substituting a mix of 3 tablespoons almond flour and 1 tablespoon coconut flour instead. All almond flour can be used as well. To sub with coconut flour, use only 1-2 tablespoons and add additional butter or oil to prevent dryness.
- Nutritional yeast is a great substitute for parmesan cheese for those who are dairy-free.
- A low carb salad dressing like Caesar, blue cheese, or ranch can be used for dipping.