Easy peasy mushroom rice made in one pot. Really! Even the rice gets cooked right in! It’s so creamy and packed with so much flavor!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, Worcestershire and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in brown rice and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through, about 40-45 minutes. Stir in butter until melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.