This delicious skillet chicken is covered with lemon butter garlic sauce, a flavorful dinner choice!
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless preferred - cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, slice the chicken breasts into strips. Season to taste with paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt half of the butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the hot melted butter and sear on both sides for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add the remaining butter to the skillet.
- Add the garlic, then 30 seconds later add the chicken broth, Parmesan, lemon juice and thyme. Give it a good stir and let it start to bubble before adding in the heavy cream, stirring or whisking often.
- Cook until the sauce becomes creamy, about 5 minutes, and then add the chicken fingers back to the skillet and spoon on a bit more sauce.