This quick and easy chicken cabbage stir-fry is a great weeknight meal. It’s healthy, nutritious, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (plus a little extra added later)
- 400 g / 0.8 lb chicken breast or thigh meat, sliced into thin strips (bite-size)
- 250 g / 0.5 broccolini or broccoli florets (about 10-12 broccolini stems)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper (black is fine too, but white is more Asian in flavour)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cups sliced Napa cabbage (1/2 medium cabbage)
- 3½ tablespoons coconut aminos (or 3 tablespoons Tamari sauce)
- Juice of ½ lime (or 2 tablespoons, lemon juice can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large frying pan or a wok over high heat. Once hot, add the chicken meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side, then remove to a bowl with all the juices.
- Place the pan back over high heat and add another teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add the ginger, cabbage, broccolini and carrot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add a splash of water (about 2 tablespoons), garlic, fish sauce, coconut aminos sauce, lime juice and return the chicken meat to the pan. Mix through.
- Cook all together for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently. Finally, drizzle with a little sesame oil and stir through. Serve while hot!