Perfect for breakfast on the run, this Sausage and Cheese Biscuit Recipe has all the goodness of breakfast combined into one jumbo biscuit that is tender and filled with flavor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 Sausage (1/2 of a 7 oz package), cooked and chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in the cheese and the chopped sausage. Pour in the milk and stir just until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the mixture out onto a work surface dusted with flour. Knead just until it comes together – the dough will be sticky. Pat into a rectangle 10-1/2×7-inches. Cut into 6 squares. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Brush with the melted butter.