Chocolate and coconut are the stars of these incredibly yummy almond joy cheesecake bars! They're easy to make and are the hit of every party!
- 1 package chocolate ghram cookies(honey maid)
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut + more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, making sure the edges hang over on the sides.
- Add the chocolate graham cookies into a food processor or blender and pulse until fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chocolate crumbs and melted butter.
- Press crust into the bottom of the lined baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla extract and coconut extract until smooth and creamy, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 1/2 cup shredded coconut and chopped almonds. Spread the mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the cheesecake is set in the center.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before removing and cutting into squares.