These coffee cinnamon rolls are simply cinnamon rolls with a hint of coffee smothered in a rich and creamy coffee cream cheese frosting.
- 1 cup warm milk (110º)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, separated
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the dough; warm milk until the temperature reaches 110º F. This should take about 1 minutes 10 seconds in the microwave.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine milk, yeast, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Stir and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Once foamy mix in the eggs, melted butter, salt, instant coffee, and the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Add flour and mix on a low speed for 5 minutes.
- Form dough into ball and place into an oiled boil. Cover with plastic wrap and rest in a warm place for approximately 1 hour.
- For the filling; in a small bowl combine the brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, and instant coffee; set aside.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 inch pan or baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Roll dough into a large rectangle (approximately 12 x 22 inches).
- Once rolled out evenly spread the filling mixture over the dough. Tightly roll up the dough to form a log.
- Cut into large equal portions using floss or pastry cutter and place into the 13 x 9 inch greased pan. Cover and let rise for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Bake rolls for 30-35 minutes.
- For the frosting; in the bowl of your stand mixer combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, instant coffee, and vanilla. Whip together for 5 minutes or until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread over the top of the warm coffee cinnamon rolls.