This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup has no ham, but has tons of flavor making it vegan and vegetarian-friendly! Split Peas don’t take a lot of time to cook, but letting this soup cook in the slow cooker allows for all if the flavors to melt together while giving you a break in the kitchen.
- 1 16- oz package 1 lb dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 large leek light green and white portion only, chopped and thoroughly cleaned
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 celery ribs diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1 t salt or to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Pour all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover a cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
- This soup is freezer friendly. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave.