This simple dinner idea is packed with warm goodness that is great for the whole family!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped peeled carrots
- 1 pound cooked bacon strips cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound 3 cheese tortellini I use the fresh style found near the cheese
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups finely chopped white onion
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oil in large 5 quart cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add carrots, celery, onion and garlic, stirring and cooking for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and bacon.
- Add chicken broth and let warm for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tortellini and cook for 10 minutes, until al dente. Add cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Before serving garnish with fresh chopped parsley.