This Instant Pot Minestrone recipe is quick, easy, hearty, and delicious. Serve your minestrone soup with a chunk of crusty bread for a warming Italian vegetarian dinner.
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups 1/2-inch chopped carrots
- 2 cups 1/2-inch chopped celery
- 2 1/2 cups 1/2-inch diced butternut squash
- 1 (26 oz.) box crushed or diced tomatoes (such as Pomi)
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shell pasta (or bowties)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh pesto (store bought or homemade)
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot and set to saute. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and butternut squash. Saute for 5 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, beans, pasta, and herbs and stir to combine. Set the pot to manual mode for 4 minutes with the valve set to sealing.
- Carefully quick release the pressure valve. Stir in the spinach to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, garnish with fresh parsley and a dollop of pesto.
- This minestrone is best served soon after it's finished cooking, as the pasta will continue to absorb the liquid and become too soft.
- A note on recipe cook time: While the Instant Pot is set to 4 minutes on manual, it does take about 10 minutes to reach pressure before that timer starts, which is why I've allowed extra time in the total cook time.