Saucy Instant Pot smothered pork chops from the cookbook Keto Cooking with your Instant Pot. So tender, the meat falls right off the bone!
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced ¼” (6 mm) thick
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup full fat heavy cream
- 4 6 oz or 170 g each boneless pork loin chops
- 2 strips of uncured bacon finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter more as needed
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour more if needed
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped, reserve 1 tbsp (4 g) for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with the garlic power mixture and set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot by pressing “Sauté” and set to “More.” Insert the inner pot and wait until the panel says “Hot.” Add bacon and sauté for 3 minutes and add the pork chops, two at a time, and brown both sides or 2 minutes per side. Add butter at this point if needed. Transfer the pork shops to a plate and set aside. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until onion is soft. Add white wine and stir and scrape the bottom for one minute. Place the pork chops on top of the onions and mushrooms.
- Close the lid tightly and move the steam release handle to “Sealing.” Press “Cancel, then,” “Pressure Cooker/Manual” button and set the timer for 20 minutes on HIGH pressure. When the timer ends, you will hear a beeping sound. Allow the Instant Pot to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down. Press “Cancel” and open the lid. Take out the pork chops on plates to be served and let rest. Meanwhile, add the rest of the ingredients in the inner pot except parsley and stir for 2 minutes or until it thickens. Add more tapioca flour if needed, depending on how much liquid was produced from the meat and vegetables from cooking. Top the pork chops with the mushroom gravy and garnish with parsley before serving.