Juicy baked chicken breasts are topped with a bacon cream sauce and fresh fried bacon bits in this incredibly easy and wildly popular recipe.
- 1 lb chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts)
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 4 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 slice bacon, fried and crumbled (reserve 2-3 tbsp bacon grease)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pat chicken dry. Use a silicone basting brush to spread mayo evenly on top of chicken.
- Top each breast with 1T parmesan cheese and place in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes until internal temperature is approx. 160 degrees and juices run clear.
- When the chicken has about 10 minutes left in the oven, begin sauce.
- Using a non-stick skillet, warm up the reserved bacon grease over MED LOW heat. Be sure it does not start sizzling or bubbling.
- Whisk in the heavy cream until well combined. Continue whisking until the mixture starts to foam up on the edges of the skillet.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add last tbsp of parmesan and garlic powder and whisk until smooth.
- Toss in a few bacon pieces, making sure to leave enough for the top of the chicken.
- Each breast should be topped with 2-3 tbsp of sauce and a few bacon crumbles. Leftover sauce may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week