Thick and chewy soft batch chocolate cookies loaded with rainbow M&Ms and gooey chocolate chips!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk chocolate M&Ms
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup M&Ms
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, lightly spray them with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Heat them in the microwave on low power for 15 second increments, mixing in between each, until butter and chocolate are completely melted and can easily be whisked smooth. Be sure not to overheat or the mixture will seize. Whisk in the vanilla, then whisk in both sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine - be sure not to over mix here!
- Fold in the M&M's and milk chocolate chips, stirring until everything is just combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake one tray at a time, for 16 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops are dark and shiny.
- Press a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips of the warm cookies right when they come out of the oven. Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving.