This chicken, rice, and broccoli foil pack is a complete dinner that’s packed with protein and nutrition. For the greens, I used broccoli but zucchini, green beans, or asparagus will also work!
- 4 4 oz chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 cups Instant brown or white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons EACH chili powder Italian seasoning, black pepper,
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with 4 sheets of foil (about 6-8 inches) and set aside.
- Combine the brown rice, and water in a medium bowl and soak for 5 minutes. DIvide rice (and it's water) into 4 sheets of foil.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat tenderizer or a rolling pin until they are even. Place the chicken breasts and broccoli florets on the rice. Seasoning each chicken breast generously with 1 teaspoon of chili powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt to taste. Drizzle each packet with olive oil and fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until chicken's internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove from oven and carefully open up the foils. Serve immediately.
- *4 oz chicken breasts are on the smaller side. If using large chicken breasts, you use just 2 and cut them in half to make 4 servings.
- *For the Rice, I use the 5 minute rice (brown or white) for this recipe and have not tried it with regular rice. Some readers have had success with half-cooked rice.
- *Parchment paper can also be used instead of foil.