This Ultimate Homemade Chocolate Cake is THE BEST RECIPE EVER! It is so moist and very easy to make. And it tastes just like the Chocolate Tower Cake from the Cheesecake Factory!
- 1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup of dutch processed cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 1 cup of milk, at room temp.
- 1 /2 cup of canola oil
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla
- 3 tbsp. of sour cream
- 1 cup of hot coffee
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in bowl. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, and sour cream together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the hot coffee to the cake batter and mix in by hand until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the well greased pan/pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs attached. *baking time depends on the pan you use.
- -For Layer Cake- use three 9 inch pans- bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Cool cake in pans for 10 minutes, then turn pans over on a cooling rack and cool completely. Frost cake with chocolate truffle frosting. * I double the frosting recipe when making a layer cake.
- For a 9×13 pan– bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting it.
Chocolate Truffle Frosting
- *double the frosting recipe when making the layer cake.
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 2 cups of powder sugar
- 3/4 cup of cocoa
- 3/4 cup of heavy creamy
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- Whip the butter until creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Here are a few other recipe you should try.