This vegan chocolate pie is a five-ingredient, no-bake miracle. The ultra-thick and creamy chocolate pie filling is made with (wait for it)... tofu, almond butter, almondmilk, and melted chocolate. Easy!
For the Crust:
You’ll Need:For the chocolate pie filling:
- 12 ounces firm silken firm tofu
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Chocolate Almondmilk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 12 ounces chocolate chips*
- flaky sea salt for topping
For the Crust:
- pie crust of your choice! ideas in the notes section.
- Chocolate Pie Filling: Blend the tofu, almondmilk, and almond butter until smooth. Melt the chocolate chips. Add to the blender and blend until smooth – it gets pretty thick so you might need to help it along with a spatula between blends.
- Chocolate Pie Assembly: Pour filling into a crust, sprinkle with sea salt if you want, and chill for 12-24 hours. Cut and serve!
- *For strict vegans, use dairy-free chocolate chips – we found them at stores like Whole Foods.
- We used chocolate almondmilk and it was deeeelicious. Bonus: the leftover milk sitting in my fridge has become my new favorite morning drink of choice.
- Crust ideas: my favorite is a graham cracker crust, and unless I’m missing something major, it looks like most of the store-bought ones are vegan because they use oils instead of butter! Online forums support my findings, but if you know something I don’t, feel free to comment. I also love the idea of an Oreo crust or a regular pie crust, which you can make with coconut oil to be vegan. Also: a date and nut crust could be nice.