There is something so comforting about a casserole. This one comes together quickly and is perfect for feeding a hungry crowd!
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-oz.) can Ro-Tel
- 3 c. cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey jack
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a large baking dish with cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add soups and Ro-Tel and stir to combine. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Layer 6 tortillas in prepared baking dish, overlapping as necessary. Spread a third of sauce over tortillas, then top with half the chicken and a third of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with 6 tortillas, sauce, and cheese.
- Bake until chicken and tortillas are warmed through and cheese is melty, 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.