Triple chocolate paleo cupcakes will change your life! Moist, fluffy, and made in a blender. Topped with my favorite easy paleo chocolate frosting.
- 3/4 cup black cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or paleo chocolate
- 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with parchment paper liners.
- In a blender combine all ingredients for cupcakes until smooth.
- Fill each muffin pan 3/4 way full. Note: I use a large bakery style muffin pan, which produces 6 large cupcakes. If you use a regular muffin pan- bake for less time (about 20-25 minutes on 350F or until a knife when inserted comes out clean). I bake the large bakery style cupcakes on 350F for 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler melt ingredients for frosting and whisk until smooth. Transfer frosting to fridge or freezer for 15-30 minutes then whip until it reaches a fluffy spreadable consistency. If the frosting becomes too hard, use a hair dryer and whisk while heating until it becomes spreadable again.
- Frost cupcakes. Optional: top with natural sprinkles or mini chocolate chips.