This is a JUICY Oven Baked Chicken Breast sprinkled with a magic simple seasoning then baked until caramelised. It’s simple, fast and incredibly tasty!
- 4 chicken breasts , 150 - 180g / 5 - 6 oz each (Note 1)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano or thyme , or other herb of choice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C (standard) or 390F/200C (fan / convection).
- Pound chicken to 1.5cm / 0.6" at the thickest part - using a rolling pin, meat mallet or even your fist (key tip for even cooking + tender chicken).
- Mix Seasoning.
- Line tray with foil and baking paper. Place chicken upside down on tray. Drizzle chicken with about 1 tsp oil. Rub over with fingers. Sprinkle with Seasoning.
- Flip chicken. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil, rub with fingers, sprinkle with Seasoning, covering as much of the surface area as you can.
- Bake 18 minutes, or until surface is golden per photos and video, or internal temperature is 165F/75C using a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and immediately transfer chicken to serving plates.
- Wait 3 - 5 minutes before serving, garnished with freshly chopped parsley if desired. Pictured with a side of Garlic Butter Rice with Kale.
- If your breast is quite large eg 250g / 8oz+ each, cut them in half horizontally to form 2 thin steaks and skip the pounding. Make sure they are no thicker than 1.5cm / 0.6" thick at the thickest point - if they are, pound using fist.
- This can also be made with thigh fillets (boneless, skinless). Follow the recipe but cook for 25 minutes for small / medium thighs and 30 minutes for larger ones.