This chickpea and spinach curry is one of my favourites. It’s packed full of flavour and is so quick and easy to make.
- 1 tblsp ghee or sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- a small piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tsps. curry powder
- 2 tsps. garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tin (380g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 tin (390g) chopped tomatoes
- 4 medium sized (300g) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 400 - 500ml vegetable stock
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g fresh spinach
- Heat the ghee/oil in a large pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened.
- Add all the spices and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, potatoes, salt and about half of the vegetable stock. Stir well and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked adding more stock as needed.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further couple of minutes or until the spinach has wilted.