If you want a great meal that the kids will love, look no further than our Keto Baked Chicken Fajitas! These are so easy to make and delicious — a perfect addition to your keto meal plan.
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 3/4 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of one lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice chicken and veggies into strips.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil and spices. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and veggies to the seasoning mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour the fajita mixture onto a greased sheet pan and spread out into a single layer. Depending on the size of your sheet pan, you may need to divide into two sheet pans. It will look like a ton of veggies, but they will shrink as they cook.
- Bake for 11 minutes and stir then return to the oven and bake 11 additional minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Due to the size of my baking pans and my oven, I placed one of the sheet pans on the bottom rack and the other on the middle rack. Halfway through cooking I switched them.
- Make sure to check the temperature of the chicken for doneness as all ovens cook differently. It should read 165 in the thickest piece of the chicken.
- If you'd like to brown your chicken fajitas, turn the oven to broil and bake for just a minute or two. Make sure to watch closely as it can burn very quickly when using the broiler.
- Remove from oven and top with lime juice and chopped cilantro.
- Serve on a bed of mixed leafy greens and top with homemade Keto Queso Dip and your favorite keto-friendly condiments such as sour cream, guacamole, sliced avocado, jalapenos, and a few tomatoes.